ABOVE MSTM—SUPPORT FOR YOU AND YOUR PATIENTS
The Above MSTM program from Biogen is here for you and your patients with tips, tools, and more.
There are many benefits to joining the Above MS program. As members, your patients will get extra help from those who understand relapsing MS, including:
- Specially tailored information from people like them who are living with relapsing MS, but are also experts in areas such as financial planning, cooking, exercise, and many others
- One-on-one relapsing MS support over the phone
- A community of peers
- Information about TECFIDERA treatment and support services
- Access to Nurse Educators
- Insurance and financial support, if eligible
The Above MS program can be a great resource for your patients. However, your patients should always come to you with any questions related to their relapsing MS and their treatment.
For people taking a Biogen relapsing MS treatment, our Support Coordinators can help them understand and access a number of different resources along their journey with MS. They offer a broad range of services, including general MS information, one-on-one MS support over the phone, and insurance and financial assistance support.
To talk to one of our Support Coordinators, patients can call 1-800-456-2255. They can be reached Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 8 PM ET.
Whether your patients are just starting therapy or have been on therapy for a while, Nurse Educators are there to provide additional support to you and your patients and to respond to questions they may have. Nurse Educators are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, regardless of which Biogen relapsing MS treatment your patients take. They can be reached by calling 1-800-456-2255. Although they can be a great resource for patients, please keep in mind that you are always their primary resource when it comes to their MS and their treatment.
For people living with MS, it can be helpful to find and talk to someone who knows what it’s like to live with MS. Our Peer Community connects people with MS so that they can share their personal experiences and help each other stay positive and motivated.
INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SUPPORT
Biogen wants to be sure that you choose the therapy that’s right for your patients and their fight against relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS), and that they have options regarding their financial situation. The Above MS™ program from Biogen helps patients understand their insurance coverage, and if financial assistance is needed, tries to identify the best financial assistance solution for them. Insurance and financial assistance services also include insurance counseling, benefit investigation, Prior Authorization assistance,* and our $0 Copay Program.*
*Depending on patients’ income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that they can receive over one year. Federal and state laws and other factors may prevent or otherwise restrict eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll. Patients are eligible to enroll in the $0 Copay Program for as long as they are treated with a Biogen relapsing MS medication.
$0 COPAY PROGRAM
With the $0 Copay Program* from Biogen, your patients pay $0 a month for their relapsing MS medication if eligible.
The $0 Copay Program has:
- No income requirements*—eligible patients can enroll in the $0 Copay Program regardless of income
- No time limit—your patients can re-enroll every year for as long as they’re taking the medication
- No waiting—your patients’ specialty pharmacies can enroll them immediately into the program so they can get their relapsing MS medication right away
*$0 Copay details and eligibility:
- Please note that the $0 Copay Program provides a monthly supply of relapsing MS medication. Your patients are eligible to enroll in the $0 Copay Program for as long as they are treated with a Biogen relapsing MS medication
- Federal and state laws may prevent eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll. In addition, some insurance providers may prevent eligibility or restrict eligibility to people with demonstrated financial need. If your patients are not eligible or not sure of their eligibility, they should call 1-800-456-2255. There are charitable programs and even a free drug program sponsored by Biogen that may be able to help your patients with the cost
- Depending on your patients’ income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that your patients can receive during a year
TECFIDERA® has preferred formulary coverage by many of the country's top insurance providers for your patients with relapsing MS with no step-therapy restrictions. It is therefore available for treatment-naive patients, as well as patients converting from another product.Formulary access