Broad coverage may help more patients start on therapy
- As of August 2016, TECFIDERA is covered as a 1st line RMS therapy (unrestricted access) for almost 90% of commercial patients—more than any other oral or interferon RMS therapy1
*Coverage may vary, and there is no guarantee of coverage.
Please note that the $0 Copay Program provides a monthly supply of TECFIDERA. Patients are eligible to enroll in the $0 Copay Program for as long as they are treated with TECFIDERA.
Federal and state laws may prevent eligibility. People covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, or any other federal plans are not eligible to enroll. In addition, some insurance providers may prevent eligibility or restrict eligibility to people with demonstrated financial need. If patients are not eligible or not sure of their eligibility, they can call Above MS™. There are charitable programs and even a free drug program sponsored by Biogen that may be able to help with the cost.
Depending on patients' income or, in some cases, if their medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance they can receive over one year.
The QuickStart Program helps your eligible patients get started on TECFIDERA as soon as possible.
- This program helps get commercially insured patients (non-Medicare/Medicaid) on therapy while waiting for insurance coverage. If, after 2 weeks, an eligible patient has not received TECFIDERA, a free QuickStart supply may be provided to help them get started
- Additional QuickStart shipments will be provided until a coverage decision has been made or until the patient is enrolled in a patient assistance program*
To get your patients enrolled in the QuickStart Program, please see the QuickStart Program section of the TECFIDERA Start Form and check both QuickStart boxes.
*Subject to program terms and conditions.
Specialty pharmacy support
- The TECFIDERA Specialty Pharmacy Network focuses on the treatment of relapsing MS and has been designed to ensure that patients receive a consistent set of services. Such services include financial assistance, refill reminders, and enrollment in a pharmacist-provided adherence program to help patients take their medication as prescribed
- A limited number of specialty pharmacies dispense TECFIDERA. Using the TECFIDERA Start Form is the most effective way to ensure that your patients' prescriptions are filled as quickly as possible. It's also the best way to ensure that your patients have access to all of the TECFIDERA services available to them
- Although your patients are not required to sign the Start Form in order to receive TECFIDERA, signing it will expedite their enrollment into Biogen support services, such as the QuickStart program and the $0 Copay Program. In addition, signing the Start Form will ensure that Biogen has access to your patient's prescription status if you or your patient need assistance
For more information about the TECFIDERA specialty pharmacy network, please call the Above MS™ support services line at 1-800-456-2255.